KINDNESS makes our world go ‘round.November 13, 2020
In a world where we can be anything, we choose to be kind. AlphaGroup made kindness a pledge when we established the company 15 years ago. Serendipitously, the anniversary of World Kindness Day is celebrated in 2020. Given the tragedies of this unprecedented year, we endeavor to grow our commitment to this mission with AlphaGroup’s newly officiated, The Kindness Act.
World Kindness Day on November 13 commemorates an annual celebration that began in 1998 when a collection of representatives from nearly 30 countries set out to encourage people to participate in small acts of kindness in their own communities. The AlphaGroup of Medical Communications observes this event by kicking-off The Kindness Act with various community and workplace initiatives.
World Kindness Day is a global day that promotes the importance of being kind to each other, to yourself, and to the world. This day, celebrated on November 13 of each year, has the purpose to help everyone understand that compassion for others is what binds us all together. This understanding has the power to bridge the gap between nations.
- The Kindness Act began on November 1 with the AlphaGroup’s donation of $3,633 to the American Stroke Association | American Heart Association. This act of giving was the culmination of our company’s one month participation in the annual AHA CycleNation event that helped to raise awareness for the prevention and treatment of stroke
- On November 2, AlphaGroup unveiled its internal Kindness Board. This communal platform now serves as a place where our associates can share good deeds and acts of kindness from other employees that help to bring our team into further harmony
- This past Election Day, we introduced our FOE’s (Fairness, Opportunity, Equality) Against Discrimination policy outlining the company’s principles of equality and respect for all races, religions, ages, nationalities, genders, or sexual orientations. The new policy includes a FOE Employee Partnership to be led by an internal volunteer council that will originate further plans for action
- This week we selected 2 employee-recommended charities to be recipients of $2500 donations—the Bernardine Center and the Daily Bread Food Pantry – Collegeville
- The donations are being made in place of our annual holiday celebration. We all agreed that now more than ever, the annual season of giving is best spent by helping others negatively impacted by COVID-19.
- On November 20-22, AlphaGroup team members are participating in a “socially distant” marathon relay race to honor the annual Philadelphia Marathon that is currently on hiatus. AlphaGroup is making a financial donation to the 22-participating racers’ charity of choice
- As the gift that keeps on giving, AlphaGroup will pay respect to Thanksgiving by unveiling a year-long plan for its studio BE portal. This will house a vast library of materials to help our team members learn how to practice and achieve mindfulness so as to enhance their lives at home, at work, and in relationships
The World Kindness Movement (WKM) is an international NGO with no political or religious affiliations. The formation of the movement crystallized at a conference in Tokyo in 1997when Japan brought together like-minded kindness organizations from around the world. The WKM was later launched in Singapore on 18 November 2000 at the 3rd WKM Conference and in 2019 it was registered as an NGO under the Swiss law.
These efforts will continue through the 2020 holiday season along with toy drops, coat drives, canned food collections, and anything else we feel requires an act of kindness. More importantly, The Kindness Act is now embraced as an AlphaGroup critical standard. The efforts we make now and in the future further our mission to help make our world a kinder, gentler place.